Hydropower extracts mechanical energy from water, transforming it into electrical energy to generate electricity. Water in the environment often has both gravitational potential energy and kinetic energy, which can generate electricity using a generator.
Roughly 1/6th of the electricity in the world comes from hydropower facilities, while values in the earlier twentieth century were much higher. In some countries around the world, hydroelectricity is the dominant form of electrical power generation.
Water is one of the globe’s cleanest renewable energy sources, nevertheless the development of a hydroelectric plant has significant risks. Environmental impact of the plant is the primary concern.
Washington Capital Global Finance help you:
- Secure debt and/or equity financing for the constructions of small-scale hydro energy projects from 1Mw to 30 Mw.
- Secure debt and/or equity financing for the construction of larger hydro energy projects of up to 200 Mw or more.
- Secure debt and/or equity financing for the build-out of hydroelectric projects globally; and up to $500 million USD.
- Design and conduct feasibility studies of hydroelectric projects
Washington Capital can help with hydroelectric projects from $2 million to $300 million in size. We will take on feasibility studies, permit acquisition, and entitlement process, and can introduce and recommend: turbine producers, pipe producer, EPC/construction companies.
Hydroelectric financing terms vary from project to project. It is our job to evaluate your project, from risks to strengths, and determine a financing structure that:
- – Addresses the feasibility of the project; and
- – Presents an attractive risk/return profile for the developer and financier
We will work closely with you to mitigate the risks and increase leverage. Our underwriting experts and our relationship with Capital Markets and producers and manufacturers will give you ability to get your project off the ground. If your hydro energy project is viable and fits within our parameters, we can finance it.
At Washington Capital Global Finance, we can help you in your projects financing needs. Our underwriting experts and our connections within Capital Markets can identify financing sources, our feasibility study review and /or preparation can increase your leverage in securing the project financing.